6.16.2008

Grand Canyon

Here are some photos from my day spent at the Grand Canyon with the family. Overall, I'm not that satisfied. I didn't have very long to explore or try to find a good spot, so I got stuck on the trail on the way down to the canyon while the sun was setting. So I was really limited on the shots I could get. C'est la vie. These a few of my favorites. Let me know what you guys think, especially of the third one. I'm not sure how I feel about it. For the third one, I set up a long shutter speed and changed the focal length (on the 16-35mm) during the exposure.




More from Sedona soon to come...

3 comments:

LorHop said...

I absolutely LOVE the first two, just for the record. Well done.

I like it. I mean, it's obviously deliberate and gives a cool effect - fun to experiment with something new at the very least.

:)

KaityVolpe said...

My favorite picture so far is the picture of your hotel. I love the colors and the clear blue sky. I feel like it's a great example of AZ.

I like your other pictures, especially the black and white picture of the tree. The third one is fun. It would have been cool to have a strong focus and then blur the picture (something more obvious). Does that make sense? Good pics!

Zach B said...

Thanks, guys.

Kaity - I definitely know what you mean about the third one. I couldn't quite get what I wanted out of it, but I was running out of light, so I had to move on. I just wish the hotel one didn't have the umbrella.