7.27.2008

DIY Macro-Studio Revisited

So I busted out the DIY macro-studio that I put together a little while back (and I remember to take a couple set up shots this time ::pats self on back::).

The first one I just shot this chess piece on a blue infinity-sweep with each flash slightly angled from the back side. There flashes were set at something like 1/16th power. The two flaps left on the front side of the box at as gobos to prevent flare.


Here is the end product. All the crap you see in the blue is just what you get when you buy the cheapest poster board.


Next, I decided to move one of the flashes inside the box macro-studio to light the background. I could have done this from outside the tracing paper diffuser and used something to gobo the light so it only hit the background. But I wanted to play with a strong specular highlight behind the chess piece. I also used the black granite tile I previously used to produce a good reflfection the first time I played with DIY macro-studio.


...and here is the final result.

1 comment:

LorHop said...

I'm not sure how I just managed to see this, but, very cool. I want to play with it!

I also am liking the new look.