7.27.2008

Frita

Originally posted: July 26, 2008
Updated: July 27, 2008

Here's a little more detail on this photo:


I shot this with the SB-800 on about 1/32 or 1/64 power into a white door.

Here is the original photo:


Post-processing in Photoshop:
1. Adjusted levels a touch (brought whites in)
2. Copy layer
3. Use Unsharp Mask at a very large radius (~80px) at a relatively small amount (~35)
4. Desaturate this layer
5. Adjust opacity of this layer to liking (I think I was about 75%)

Question: Does anyone know how to apply an Unsharp Mask as a seperate layer?

1 comment:

Michael Mitra said...

Probably your best bet is to just duplicate the image layer and apply the unsharp mask directly to that layer and keep other layers in case you don't like the unsharp masked one.

There's also this other method that makes no sense to me so I am of no use there haha