8.08.2008

Apartment Fire

There was an apartment fire in the apartment complex right behind where I live. It was pretty intense. We saw the smoke over the roofs of the apartments closest to us, and it just kept growing. I decided to go investigate. I think I got there right after the fire department because I walked up and the couple who lived in the apartment were sitting on the curb and the police hadn't started talking to them yet. The middle section of a stand-alone building containing 12 or so apartments was engulfed in flames. There were probably 100 people standing outside across the parking lot watching what was going on. Here is a shot not long after I got there.

3 comments:

KaityVolpe said...

It sounds bad to say nice picture, but WOW, great picture! I love the colors and the composition.

Michael Mitra said...

Oh how I love some action. Unfortunate for the residents. Double edged sword of sorts.

Zach B said...

Thanks, guys.